LASER FOOD is a Spanish SME of the agro-alimentary sector. They contribute to the identification and promotion of agricultural products, through a new laser technology. They provide added value to products that are marked as this technology will allow the tracing of the fruit and additional information (dates of packaging, producer, variety)
LASER FOOD coordinates the LASER MARK project, and proposes their technology as an alternative to adhesive paper stickers. In addition to the project coordination they will also coordinate the WP on overcoming market barriers in which the installation of test facilities is anticipated as a pilot case. The LASER MARK alternative consists in the marking of fruits and vegetables with an edible contrast substance which turns coloured when activated by a laser. The Laser Mark process eliminates the production of paper for the stickers; produces neither waste products nor CO2 emissions. The LASER MARK does not degrade the product quality or flavor in any form. Lasers imprint fruits and vegetables with their names, identifying numbers, countries of origin and other useful information.
- To address fruit processing companies and the final consumer of fruit.
- To increase awareness of environmental and health benefits of purchasing laser marked fruits instead of fruits with paper stickers.
- To reduce the environmental harm caused by the traditional label procedure.
Gesvatec Sistemas, S.L. is a subsidiary company of Grupotec company (www.grupotec.es). They are working in the fruits and vegetables sector for more than 15 years. In 2004 they developed an identification system to control and identify Protected Varieties called Gesvatec. Gesvatec permits to the owner of a Protected Variety and regulatory boards of a Protected Denomination of Origin to have a total control of the production of his product and helps the legal owners, control entities, packers and growers of such protected varieties or Protected Denominations of Origin against the illegal commercialization in the market.
Gesvatec system is present in more than 170 packers all over 9 countries controlling the production of several products.
- To contribute to the implementation of this technology in the fruits and vegetables sector and to integrate it with their Gesvatec system.
- To help the owners of Protected Varieties and the regulatory boards of Protected Denominations of Origin to have a total control of their product, identifying each individual piece with his brand.
MAXFRUT is a Spanish company specialized in the design and manufacture of grading, washing, bagging and palletization systems for fresh fruit and vegetable-packing houses. All the MAXFRUT technologies are designed with the purpose of meeting their customers' needs and to improve their results.
MAXFRUT will support this project with the technology installations, technical know-how and in-depth knowledge on the fruit market and its needs in terms of horticultural machinery. MAXFRUT will also designe and manufacture the machinery necessary to insert the new laser mark technology inside adapted to the needs of clients and the packing houses that are currently running.
MAXFRUT is the work package coordinator for activities to overcome market. This task will include all activities necessary to up-scale the production from the prototype phase to full production. These activities include process improvements, prototype improvements (no R&D), production cost reductions and activities for the increase of efficiency. This task will also check whether at the sites of the fruit confectioners (where labeling and packaging takes place) some infrastructures are already in place which can be used by the LASER MARK machines, thus avoiding double costs. This information will also allow us to opt for downsizing the machine to the essential and thereby make it more easily to install and apply for the confectioners. This task also aims at mobilizing a wide market uptake in order to maximize the potential environmental and economic benefits.
- MAXFRUT is interested in up-scaling the production of the LASER-MARK as this helps them to reach economies of scale and optimize the production process.
- More international presence and customer accessibility to our solutions.
- Increase technology and improve staff training.
- +32 497 530 336
Singidunum is a Brussels-based private limited company (sprl) which specializes in management & marketing consulting, business development, project management, and training in the areas of Supply Chain Management, e-Business and Traceability with extensive experience in the food industry.
Singidunum will lead the "Dissemination Workpackage" in coordination with all partners. Singidunum will be in charge of implementing the strategic dissemination plan.
- To disseminate the project on European level in order to make this initiative known and increase market awareness and geographic reach of the Project.